- Château Greysac Médoc 2020 Press All Ratings
- Château Greysac Médoc 2018 Press All Ratings
- Château Greysac Médoc 2017 Press 89-91 VIN May18
- Château Greysac Médoc 2016 Press All Ratings
- Château Greysac Médoc 2015 Press 91 WA Oct17
- Château Greysac Médoc 2015 Press 91 WE Apr16
- Château Greysac Médoc 2015 Press 91 WE Dec19
- Château Greysac Médoc 2014 Press 90 JS Feb17
- Château Greysac Médoc 2014 Press 91 WE Apr17
- Château Greysac Médoc 2012 Press 90 Slvr DEC 2015
- Château Greysac Médoc 2010 Press 90 JS Mar13
CHÂTEAU GREYSAC MÉDOC
65% Merlot, 29% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot
Jean Luc Marteau
Château Greysac, located in the Médoc hamlet of Begadan, north of St. Estephe, was built in the 1700’s. For many years, the property belonged to the late Baron Francois de Gunzburg. In 1975, the property was sold to the Agnelli family, which transformed the estate and its winemaking capabilities significantly. Château Greysac was purchased by Jean Guyon, owner of Domaine Rollan de By, in 2012, joining their exciting portfolio of Bordeaux wines.
Today, the chateau’s characteristic style is one of great aromatic finesse, combined with precise, sumptuous fruit flavors that develop in elegance and complexity over time.TERROIR & VINTAGE NOTES
Chateau Greyac’s 68 ha (168 acres) vineyard is located on a clay-gravel hilltop. The vines are an average 35 years old, and the density is 7.500 plants per hectare with Double Guyot pruning. The vineyard is sustainably farmed.
2016 had an exceptionally dry summer. Cooler nights followed mid-September rain, which resulted in small, thick-skinned, ripe grapes. This produced an aromatic wine marked by high tannin and acidity.WINEMAKING & AGEING
Pre-fermentation maceration lasts two days and cuvaison for 4–5 weeks after alcoholic fermentation in thermo regulated stainless steel and cement tanks. Malolactic fermentation is in oak.
Lees stirring for three months, then aged for 12 months (50% in one year old French oak barrels and 50% in tanks).TASTING NOTES
Deep ruby garnet with red berry flavors combined with notes of spice, chocolate and bell pepper in the background. Pairs with all meats, poultry, wild mushrooms and strong cheeses.