CLOS DU MOULINAS
Château Paul Mas
Côteaux du Languedoc Grand Vin de Pézenas
55% Syrah, 45% Grenache
Jean-Claude Mas, independent winemaker, fourth generation grape grower, first generation winemaker and owner of Domaines Paul Mas, is a leader in fine winemaking in the Languedoc region of the South of France. Since taking the helm of the family winery in 2000, he has prioritized sourcing the highest quality grapes from twelve privately owned estates and premier growers in the Languedoc to make wines of authenticity and refinement. The result is a collection of magnificently charming wines that burst forward with the warmth and stunning beauty of the Languedoc. Named after the original Mas family home, Château Paul Mas and Paul Mas Estate wines showcase the terroir, complexity and style of Languedoc estate superior winemaking.WINEMAKING & VINTAGE NOTES
The Clos du Moulinas vineyard is planted on clay and limestone with fossilized seashell rocks. The climate is Mediterranean with oceanic influences. The vineyard is located between 80m and 110m above sea level. The Syrah plants are between 29 and 49 yearold, the Grenache are over 50 years. All the grape varietals are destemmed, with separate vinification for each grape variety. The fermentation lasts between four and seven days at 79°F maximum in small temperature-controlled stainless steel vats and new, epoxy lined cement vats. Alcoholic fermentation is followed with a traditional week long maceration. 40% of the blend has done its malolactic fermentation in oak barrels. The wine was aged for 12 months in barrels. The remaining 60% was put in oak barrels after the malolactic fermentation. The ageing is done in French and American oak barrels.TASTING NOTES
Deep ruby color. Intense nose with notes of ripe black fruits, olives combined with a touch of spice (liquorice, vanilla) and oak. Wellbalanced palate with soft with ripe tannins, this wine offers layers of ripe black and red fruits combined with warm spices. Keep up to 10 years. Pairs well with red meats, meals in sauce, cheese.