- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2020 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2019 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2018 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2017 Press All Ratingts
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2016 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2015 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2014 Press 91 WS 3/17
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2005 Press All Ratings
CASTILLON CÔTES DE BORDEAUX AOC
Domaine de l'A
Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux AOC
80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc
Situated in Castillon appellation, Domaine de l’A was created in 1999 by Christine Derenoncourt, wine grower of Bordeaux and Stephane, wine grower and internationally recognized consultant. Both free thinkers, Domaine de l’A is a culmination of their ideas on vine growing and how to best reveal the identity their terroir. Domaine de l’A became over the past years one of the major reference of Côtes de Bordeaux.TERROIR NOTES
The vines in this 10.5 hectare vineyard average 40 years, with a planting density of 6000 vines/hectare, and yield of 36 hl/ha.WINEMAKING
A selection of plots within plots are hand harvested from October 7th–18th. Grape sorting in the vineyard and cellar, before de-stemming.
Thirty days of vatting followed by malolactic fermentation both in vats and in barrels.
The wine is aged in barrels (40% new, 60% one year) for 18 months.TASTING NOTES
Prominent aromas of black cherry, cassis and plum lead to tobacco and baking spice with a touch of chocolate, menthol and minerals. An elegant, velvety palate, both refined and balanced with a freshness and long finish.
This wine is best served with the mythic Steak Frites, but will also be perfect with boeuf bourguignon, braised duck with mushrooms and strong cheeses.