- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2018 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2017 Press 92 WA Feb/Mar20
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2016 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2014 Press 91 WS 3/17
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2005 Press All Ratings
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2015 Prss 91 DEC Apr16
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2015 Prss 91 VIN Feb18
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2015 Prss 92 JS Feb18
- Castillon Cotes de Bordeaux 2015 Prss 92 WS May18
CASTILLON CÔTES DE BORDEAUX AOC
Domaine de l'A
Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux AOC
80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc
Situated in Castillon appellation, Domaine de l’A was created in 1999 by Christine Derenoncourt, wine grower of Bordeaux and Stephane, wine grower and internationally recognized consultant. Both free thinkers, Domaine de l’A is a culmination of their ideas on vine growing and how to best reveal the identity their terroir. Domaine de l’A became over the past years one of the major reference of Côtes de Bordeaux.WINEMAKING & VINTAGE NOTES
Situated in the district of Sainte-Colombe, the eastern slopes of which are adjacent to those of Saint-Emilion. Soils are a continuation of the highly sought-after calcareous limestone vein that is shared by most Grands Crus and prestigious estates in that area. The average age of the vines is 40 years.
Handpicked harvest. Grape sorting in the vineyard and cellar, before de-stemming. Transfer of the harvest on a conveyor belt into oak casks. Pumping over the juice and cap punching. Alcoholic fermentation exclusively carried out by indigenous yeasts. The wines are aged until maturity in barrels for an average period of 16–18 months.
A deep plum/purple color is accompanied by sweet black cherry, darker currant and briery notes, a wine with supple, velvety tannins, a lush texture and a heady finish.
This wine is best served with the mythic Steak Frites, but will also be perfect with boeuf bourguignon, braised duck with mushrooms and strong cheeses.