- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2020 Press All Ratings
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2019 Press All Ratings
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2018 Press All Ratings
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2017 Press All Ratings
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2016 Press 92 CS WE Jul19
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2016 Press 90 WA Dec19
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2016 Press 96 JS Oct19
- La Viallière Côte Rôtie 2015 Press 95 WS Nov18
"LA VIALLIÈRE" CÔTE-RÔTIE
Located in the heart of the Côte-Rôtie vineyards near the village of Ampuis, Domaine Jean-Michel Gerin was created in 1983 with vines inherited from his father and grandfather and they began to bottle and sell under the Jean-Michel Gerin brand.
In 1988 Gerin made his first purchase of vines in Les Grandes Places and added to his holdings in 1989, with the purchase of land on La Landonne. Today, the estate covers nearly 30 acres in the Côte-Rôtie appellation where Jean has now been joined by his two sons, Michael and Alexis.
LaVialliere is located directly under Les Grandes Places and sits 200-230m a.s.l. 1.8 ha is owned by JM Gerin.
Vines are 18+ years old and are a mix of Massale selection (15%) and clones (85%). Grown in micaschiste soil on hillside vineyards with exposure from South/Southeast.
100% destemmed and macerated for 30 days.
Aged 22 months in demi-muids (600L oak barrels, 40% new oak)TASTING NOTES
Beautiful notes of red fruits and spices framed by gunflint and black olives. Saturated ruby color. A complex, intensely perfumed bouquet evokes energetic dark berry, floral pastille, olive and smoky mineral qualities, while a peppery nuance slowly emerges. Sappy, penetrating and pure, showing impressive lift and appealing sweetness to the spice-tinged blueberry and cherry cola flavors. Aeration brings out candied licorice and bacon nuances that carry through a very long, youthfully tannic finish.
Pairs well with game, strong cheeses, sausages and beef.