- Trimbach Press Top100 Winery W&S Aug21
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2021 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2020 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2019 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2018 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2017 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2016 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2015 Press All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2014 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2013 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2012 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2011 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2010 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2009 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 2008 Press Sht All Ratings
- Clos Ste Hune Riesling 1989 Press Sht All Ratings
CLOS STE HUNE RIESLING
The Trimbach’s have a purist vision. For three centuries and across 13 generations, the family has produced wines that are structured, long-lived, fruity, elegant and balanced: the celebrated Trimbach style. The family personally looks after each operation, from planting to harvests and from vinification to bottling.
The viticultural origin of the Trimbach family dates back to 1626, when Jean Trimbach, was recognized as a citizen of Riquewihr. From then on, the Trimbach’s were renowned for their wine-growing. Maison Trimbach’s vineyards are all situated around Ribeauvillé (Ribeauvillé, Hunawihr, Bergheim, Rorschwihr, Riquewihr and Mittlewihr). They benefit from the unique Alsatian microclimate, thanks to the Vosges Mountains protection, which preserves the plain from the rain. The vineyards were planted on the Ribeauvillé’s fault line that fractured 50 million years ago between the Vosges Mountain range and the Black Forest offering a mosaic of terroirs including the complex calcareous limestone and bio-degraded seashell fossils called “Muschelkalk”.
In 1919, after centuries of making Rieslings, the Trimbach family created one of the world’s greatest dry white wines: Clos Ste Hune.
Clos Ste Hune, is a 4.12-acre historic vineyard in the Rosacker Grand Cru, belonging to the Trimbach family for over two centuries. The on average 50 year old vines are planted on cool Calcareous soil including the famed “Muschelkalk”, with a gentle incline and a high percentage of limestone. This allows this Riesling to develop a specific aroma with a wonderful concentration of fruits and minerality.AGEING
Bottling is done early to preserve freshness (without oak ageing), and the wine rests in bottle in the cellar for approximately five years before reaching the marketplace, ensuring the wine is both ready to drink upon release but also can be cellared for many years to come.TASTING NOTES
An elegant, opulent, very pure and crystalline Riesling. Bone dry with a mineral backbone with wonderful energetic balance. Notes of yellow plum, quince, green pear, lemon verbena, apricot, and tropical fruit wrap around the stony, minerally core.
Pairs wonderfully with smoked fishes, trout, but also sea bass, Saint-Pierre (fish), dover sole, as well as poultry, goose, veal and pork dishes.